Essences for Children
A Quick Guide to Using Bach Flower Remedies and Flower, Gem & Crystal Essences with Children
Children respond very quickly to vibrational essences so it is important to choose the most appropriate type of essence when using them with children, particularly babies or very young children.
Here are some general guidelines & suggestions for different age groups...
0 – 7 years:-
For this age range we normally recommend that you only use Crystal Herbs Bach Flower Remedies. A well-chosen combination of not more than 4 or 5 remedies will very quickly help to bring children back into balance.
Most children enjoy taking their drops directly onto their tongues, however you could also add them to their drinks. 4 drops 4 x a day is normally enough at this age. For babies the remedies can be added to the bath water or dabbed on the pulse points on the body.
Here are a few suggestions to help you get started:
- Revival Remedy - always handy to soothe the emotions in the event of bumps, bruises, accidents or shocks. Also helpful for night terrors along with Aspen and Mimulus.
- Agrimony, Larch & Mimulus – for the generally fearful & timid child.
- Vervain - helpful for the hyperactive state.
- Holly, Walnut and Vine – for temper tantrums.
- Chicory, Willow & Holly – For sibling rivalry.
- Clematis – helpful for the dreamy inattentive child.
- Revival Remedy Cream – always useful for children
& adults alike.
- You can also mix your own Bach combination here.
8 – 12 years:-
Bach Flower Remedies are also very effective with this age group, however we suggest that you increase the frequency of the dosage to 4 drops 6 x a day.
You could also introduce some of our individual flower and gem essences at this age. Start with one at a time perhaps 4 drops 2 x a day - this will probably be enough for most children.
Towards the top of this age range you could mix up to 3 individual essences into a combination - maximum dosage 4 drops 3 x a day.
Children can respond very quickly to vibrational essences
Some Flower Essence Suggestions:
- Pansy – This is an excellent remedy for all - we have found that it has been very beneficial to provide support for children who are particularly susceptible to the everyday ailments of childhood.
- Celandine – Helpful for those who have difficulty dealing with information.
- Harebell – Helpful for the very shy.
- Petunia – Helpful for impish and hyperactive children
- Nettle – Helps children cope with difficulties related to family problems like divorce or adoption.
- Garlic – Helpful for the fearful, timid child.
Age 12 onwards:-
After the age of twelve you can start to introduce
the following Flower, Gem & Crystal Essences:-
- Divine Harmony Essences
- Chakra Essences
- Rose Collection Combinations
- Pure Vibrations Collection
- Inner Child Essences
However we would recommend that you reduce
the dose to 4 drops 2 or 3 x a day.
Using vibrational essences is not a substitute for qualified medical attention.