Choosing An Essence For Yourself
A Guide to How to Choose & Use Essences
Choosing an essence either for yourself or someone else is an easy and simple process. Keep in mind that you are dealing with the underlying issues rather than symptoms, and that generally it is best to work with the issues that are the most obvious first, recognizing that other issues will be revealed as you do this.
Our Self Help Essence Selector
You can use the Essence selectors to help you to find a Deeper Acting Essence or a Bach Flower Remedy for a specific issue or pattern.
Deeper Acting Essences
The deeper acting Essences have the ability to work with our most deeply held pattern, helping you to release them layer by layer until you get to the root of the issue.
Bach Flower Remedies
The Bach Flower Remedies help you with how you are thinking and feeling in the moment and can help you to achieve greater balance & harmony in your daily life.
Need Any Help Choosing an Essence?
If you need any help or advice with choosing an Essence, please either call us on 01379 608059 or you can email us here.
How to Choose An Essence
Choosing the Essences that will be most helpful for you is often simply a process of self-reflection and observation. What is going on for me? How am I thinking and feeling? What emotions do I need help with? Where are the energetic blocks within me?
Remember that no matter what the issue is that you are working with, you are simply looking for the Essences that will help you bring greater balance to how you thinking and feeling - to you at an energetic level.
Essences can be chosen rationally or intuitively or by a combination of both methods - experiment to find out what works best for you.
When you have decided which issues you wish to work with, you can use our 'Essence Selector' above to see which essences or combinations have a particular focus on those issues. You can also read through the shop categories to see which essences would be most helpful. Often the Divine Harmony Essences, Chakra Essences or Bach Flower Remedies make a good starting point.
Using your intuition / inner knowing, dowsing or muscle testing can all be powerful ways of choosing essences to work with or to check a selection that you have made rationally.
Before working in this way always allow yourself a quiet space to focus within and to ask for the help of your Higher Self.
Six Top Tips for Choosing An Essence
- VISUAL CHOICE: Looking at images of essences (from website, leaflet or cards) can be a great way to choose your essences intuitively.
- QUIET SPACE TO FOCUS: Sit quietly and connect with how you’re feeling about what’s going on in your life, and see if there are any particular themes, patterns or issues that you can identify. Once you’ve identified the main area you want to focus on (e.g. abundance, feeling safe, creativity), you can choose the appropriate essenceto help.
- WHAT QUALITY DO I NEED? You may find it helpful to ask yourself ‘which quality do I most need for balance?’ and see which answers come into your awareness.
- BODY WISDOM: Tune into your body. Are there any areas where you are feeling tension, pain, strong sensations or a lack of energy? Listening to your body can be a wonderful way to get in touch with the underlying emotions and beliefs that can be transformed by taking essences.
- INTUITION: If you dowse then simply let yourself be drawn to the most appropriate essence(s) to help with the particualr issue that you're working with.
- WHERE’S YOUR FOCUS? Think about your main focus for taking essences at this time, and then use the descriptions in the relevant section on our website to narrow down your choice.
Essences and Children
Children respond very quickly to vibrational essences so it is important to choose the most appropriate type of essence when using them with children, particularly babies or very young children. You can find more information here - Essences for Children.
Getting Help From Crystal Herbs
General advice and information is freely available from us at Crystal Herbs, simply call us and we'd be happy to help.
If you would like more in-depth personal help we also offer a consultation service.
Personal Essence Consultation
A Personal Essence Consultation offers the opportunity to get greater clarity and guidance on the issues that you are experiencing together with suggestions for the most appropriate essences to help you with those issues.
Find Out More: What Are Flower, Gem & Crystal Essences and How Can They Help You?
Flower, Gem & Crystal Essences work at an energetic level to help you to re-balance your thoughts, feelings and subtle energy systems and are powerful tools for inner change & transformation. Using Essences can have a profound influence on your inner journey of personal & spiritual growth, and can help you to raise your level of awareness and consciousness.
Our Flower, Gem & Crystal Essences
Here at Crystal Herbs we have been making and developing our range of Essences for nearly 30 years. Crystal Herbs is run by Catherine Keattch and Sam Cremnitz, along with a dedicated team who are all trained practitioners and healers in their own right. We are a specialist Flower Essence producer and we're passionate about all aspects of Vibrational Essences.