Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the important questions that we are most often asked:-
- How many essences can I take at once?
- What will happen if I take an 'incorrect essence'?
- What size bottle should I choose?
- Can I give essences to my animals?
- I feel that I need so many essences - how do I know which to start with?
- My symptoms have become worse since starting the essence(s) - should I stop taking them?
- I have been using essences but I am not sure whether they are working?
- Can I order as a Practitioner or as a Wholesaler
How many essences can I take at once?
This is perhaps one of the questions we are asked most often and the answer depends on which of our essences groups you are wishing to work with.
- Bach Flower Remedies - We recommend that you use these remedies made up into combinations of 7 or 8 individual remedies. It is better not to include essences from other groups in these combinations. However a well-chosen combination of Crystal Herbs Bach Flower Remedies can often be very helpful when taken alongside one of our deeper acting combinations.
- Single Flower, Gem & Crystal Essences - you can take up to 4 or 5 of these essences together either separately or in a combination. To make a combination mix equal quantities of each chosen essence in a clean bottle. You could also order your chosen essences made into a combination by us.
- Karmic Essences - Take these separately from each other (and other essences except Bach Flower Remedies). Follow the dosage instructions carefully for these.
- Angel Essences & Archangel/ Ascended Master Essences - You can take these separately or mix 2 or 3 together, although it is often more powerful to work with each Angel separately.
- Divine Harmony Essences , Chakra Combinations, Rose Combinations, Inner Child Essences and Light Body Essences - each of these is a powerful combination of at least 4 different essences so we recommend that you take these one at a time and do not take any other essences other than Bach Flower Remedies at the same time.
See Essences for Children page for more information for children.
What will happen if I take an 'incorrect essence'?
Unlike chemical medicines vibrational essences are basically self-adjusting. If you choose an essence that you do not really need it will simply cancel itself out in your bodies energy system.
What size bottle should I choose?
From our own experience of taking essences and from observing how they work on those we treat with them, we would recommend that in general you choose a 25ml size rather than a 10ml size. The reason for this is because you are taking the essence over a longer period of time, which often produces better results. The Bach Flower Remedies are different as these are meant to be diluted down to a treatment bottle, so a 10ml size will often last a long time, unless you are treating lots of people, in which case a 25ml size might be more appropriate.
Can I give essences to my animals?
Many people are finding that their animals gain great benefit from using essences. Bach Flower Remedies are usually a good place to start with animals - you can easily add the remedies to the animals water or food bowl. Remember that you will need to use larger quantities of remedies for bigger animals like horses. Garlic Flower Essence & Snap Dragon Flower Essence are also a very useful essences for animals as taken over a period of time they will create an energetic pulse in the auric field of an animal that is irritating to insects.
I feel that I need so many essences - how do I know which to start with?
You can't work with everything at once so choose essences to work with the issues that are most predominant first. There is more help with this on the Choosing an essence page.
My symptoms have become worse since starting to take the essences - should I stop taking them?
This is really a very good sign, however for those of us who have become used to visiting the doctors for something to take away our symptoms it might feel a little strange or even disturbing at first. Do be reassured that this is both temporary and helpful. Under these circumstances it is better not to stop taking the essences completely but to reduce the dose to perhaps 2 or 3 x a day until you feel more comfortable. A combination of the appropriate Bach Flower Remedies will also often help to bring balance to how you feel.
Why does this happen? Vibrational essences work by releasing old blocked energy - if you are quite sensitive you will be more likely notice that your emotional/mental patterns become more conscious or obvious while you are taking essences. For some this might be a process that takes place in the dream state while for others it will be more conscious. The more you can allow this process to take place the quicker the issues will clear away.
I have been using essences but I am not sure whether they are working?
If you are comparatively new to taking essences you may find that it is a little while before you notice big changes in yourself. Essences work slowly and subtly over a period of time so be patient and know that change is taking place gradually. Very often if you look back over a period of a few months of taking essences you will be able to see a change in the way you react to the situations and events in your life which is new and positive. This is your clue that the essences are working.
Can I order as a Practitioner or as a Wholesaler?
Practitioners.. If you are a qualified Practitioner you are eligable for a practitioner discount. You can find out more and apply here - Practitioner Account Application
Wholesalers.. If you run a shop, webshop or retail outlet you can apply for a Wholesale account. You can find out more information here - Wholesale Account