Choosing a Flower or Vibrational Essence For Yourself
A Guide to How to Choose the Right Essences to Help You
We are often asked "Which Essence should I choose for...?" and fortunately choosing a flower or vibrational essence either for yourself or someone else is an easy and simple process. Essences work with a range of different issues; from how you're thinking & feeling in the moment, to deeply held life patterns and blocks in your subtle energy systems. So when you are choosing an essence you are dealing with these underlying issues rather than surface symptoms, and generally it is best to work with the issues that are the most obvious first.
How to Choose An Essence
Choosing the Essences that will be most helpful for you is often simply a process of self-reflection and observation. What is going on for me? How am I thinking and feeling? What emotions do I need help with? Where are the energetic blocks within me?
Remember that no matter what the issue is that you are working with, you are simply looking for the Essences that will help you bring greater balance to how you thinking and feeling - to you at an energetic level.
Essences can be chosen rationally or intuitively or by a combination of both methods - experiment to find out what works best for you.
When you have decided which issues you wish to work with you can:
1. Use our 'Essence Selector' ( on this page ) to see which essences or combinations have a particular focus on those issues.
2. Use our Essence and Themes Explorer to see all of the essences that work with a particular pattern or issue. This is a great way to see which would be the most helpful single and combination essences to work with your chosen issue.
3. Explore our essence categories to see which essences would be most helpful. A good starting point is often the:
Using your intuition / inner knowing, dowsing or muscle testing can all be powerful ways of choosing essences to work with or to check a selection that you have made rationally.
Before working in this way always allow yourself a quiet space to focus within and to ask for the help of your Higher Self.
Six Top Tips for Choosing An Essence
- Visual Choice: Looking at images of essences (from website, leaflet or cards) can be a great way to choose your essences intuitively.
- Quiet Space to Focus: Sit quietly and connect with how you’re feeling about what’s going on in your life, and see if there are any particular themes, patterns or issues that you can identify. Once you’ve identified the main area you want to focus on (e.g. abundance, feeling safe, creativity), you can choose the appropriate essenceto help.
- What Quality Do I Need? You may find it helpful to ask yourself ‘which quality do I most need for balance?’ and see which answers come into your awareness.
- Body Wisdom: Tune into your body. Are there any areas where you are feeling tension, pain, strong sensations or a lack of energy? Listening to your body can be a wonderful way to get in touch with the underlying emotions and beliefs that can be transformed by taking essences.
- Intuition: If you dowse then simply let yourself be drawn to the most appropriate essence(s) to help with the particualr issue that you're working with.
- Where's Your Focus? Think about your main focus for taking essences at this time, and then use the descriptions in the relevant section on our website to narrow down your choice.
Frequently Asked Questions on Choosing Essences
Choosing a flower or vibrational essence is a simple process. Here you can find some answers to frequently asked questions about how to choose the right Essence for the issues that you are working with.F.A.Q.s - Choosing Essences
Our Self Help Essence Selector
You can use the Essence selectors to help you to find a Deeper Acting Essence or a Bach Flower Remedy for a specific issue or pattern.
Deeper Acting Essences
The deeper acting Essences have the ability to work with our most deeply held pattern, helping you to release them layer by layer until you get to the root of the issue.
Bach Flower Remedies
The Bach Flower Remedies help you with how you are thinking and feeling in the moment and can help you to achieve greater balance & harmony in your daily life.
Essence & Themes Selector
Here you can explore some common themes and find a full selection of essences from across our ranges that will help with that particular issue.
Explore Essences for a whole range of different themes, from Abundance to Soul Connection
Essence Essentials for the Month
Here we’ve carefully selected a range of essences to help you stay aligned, centred and connected with your true self this month so you can make the most of current opportunities for emotional balance and spiritual expansion. From an astrological essence for the month, a team pick from one of us and our E-Light Essence suggestions, to handpicked essences for the month, inner guidance for daily life and always useful essences. Find out more here!
You can use our Shop Search to search the flower essence shop for a particular essence or issue by name or or keywords.
Need Any Help Choosing an Essence?
If you need any help or advice choosing an Essence, please call us on 01379 608059 or contact us here.
Choosing & Using the Bach Flower Remedies
The Bach Flower Remedies are gentle acting remedies that work best on issues at a surface level of awareness - so how you are thinking and feeling in the moment. There are 38 different Bach Remedies and they are very simple and easy to choose & use and are particularly effective when mixed into combinations: Choosing & Using the Bach Flower Remedies
Choosing Essences for Children
Children respond very quickly to vibrational essences so it is important to choose the most appropriate type of essence when using them with children, particularly babies or very young children.
Choosing Essences for Pregnancy & Birth
Flower essences can be very supportive during pregnancy, birth and post partum – both for mother and baby. You can find out more about choosing the right essences here.
Choosing Essences for Animals
Many people find that their animals gain great benefit from using essences and the effects are usually noticeable quite quickly. You can find out more about choosing the right essences here.
Getting Help From Crystal Herbs
General advice and information is freely available from us at Crystal Herbs, simply call us and we'd be happy to help. If you would like more in-depth personal help we also offer a consultation service.
Personal Essence Consultation
A Personal Essence Consultation offers the opportunity to get greater clarity and guidance on the issues that you are experiencing together with suggestions for the most appropriate essences to help you with those issues.
Find Out More: What Are Flower, Gem & Crystal Essences and How Can They Help You?
Flower, Gem & Crystal Essences work at an energetic level to help you to re-balance your thoughts, feelings and subtle energy systems and are powerful tools for inner change & transformation. Using Essences can have a profound influence on your inner journey of personal & spiritual growth, and can help you to raise your level of awareness and consciousness.
Our Flower, Gem & Crystal Essences
Here at Crystal Herbs we have been making and developing our range of Essences for nearly 30 years. Crystal Herbs is run by Catherine Keattch and Sam Cremnitz, along with a dedicated team who are all trained practitioners and healers in their own right. We are a specialist Flower Essence producer and we're passionate about all aspects of Vibrational Essences.
You can find our full range of Essences in the Flower Essence Shop, or an overview of the different essences we make here and you can find out more about us here: Crystal Herbs